To our valued patients,
We hope you and your family continue to be healthy and safe. Our community has been through a lot over this past year, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your health and safety.
We have been implementing plans to be at the highest possible health standard for our patients and dental team. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice both before and after COVID-19. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure everyone’s safety.
Although our friendly, caring team is the same, things will be a bit different in our office next time you visit us. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you. This is in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures. These precautions ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community.
Pre-Screening - We will be screening all patients and team members daily to be sure no one is experiencing symptoms such as fever and cough. If you have a fever, cough, or any flu or cold related symptoms we ask that you please reschedule. We also ask that if you have traveled outside of the country within the last 2 weeks, you reschedule your appointment.
Virtual Check-in – When you arrive for your appointment, we ask that you do not come into the waiting room until we are ready for you. Your car will serve as a waiting room for the time being. Once you have arrived please text us. Please note it is extremely important to be on time for your appointment. If you are more then 10 minutes late to your appointment time, we may have to reschedule. We will text you when it is safe to come into the office from your car. Once you come in the door, we will take your temperature and ask you to confirm your pre-screening questions. Then, we will bring you straight back to see your hygienist or doctor.
Come Alone – We ask that you come alone to your appointment unless you are a guardian of a minor, providing assistance to someone, or if you, yourself need assistance. Unless essential, no companions will be allowed into the treatment rooms.
Prioritizing Cleanliness - We adhere to our usual high level standard precautions throughout the office, but we have added these enhanced protocols to ensure your safety.
- We have hand sanitizer available when you enter the office.
- We will all be wearing face masks, and we ask that you do the same.
- Before we begin your appointment we will provide an antiseptic mouth rinse for you to use as a pretreatment rinse.
- We have installed protective sneeze guards in the reception area and isolated treatment rooms.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, or coffee and snack station, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have added air purifiers through out the office to help remove contaminants from circulating in the air.
- Before you enter the treatment rooms, all surfaces such as the dental chair, and light, drawer handles, and countertops have been thoroughly disinfected with medical grade disinfectants that have been proven to treat COVID-19.
- Disposable protective coverings on equipment are disposed of and replaced after each patient.
- You will see staff members wearing extra personal protective equipment such as face shields, gowns, and masks to protect both you and the treatment team.
Physical Distancing - Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients and team members. Appointment times may need to be changed to accommodate for this. We appreciate your patience and flexibility with this. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, and allow for extensive disinfection processes.
We want to thank you for all your patience as we have had to move, cancel, and reschedule many of your appointments.
We can’t wait to have you back in the office again, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you safe. We value your loyalty, trust, and patience and look forward to continuing and restoring your dental health!
Dr. Sholer and staff